A big thanks to Nat of Vim & Vintage for nominating me and this labor of love I call my blog. Every once in a while I need a little pick me up reminding me why I do it. Please check out Nat’s post to get to know her a little more, then stick around and see what she’s got to offer!
Without further ado, below are my answers to Nat’s questions, followed by my list of nominated blogs.
1. Why did you start blogging?
Blogging for me started as a way to market and support my stationery business. As the stationery business became more of a hobby, the blog morphed into a journal of sorts, following my crafting and culinary adventures.
2. Name 3 words to describe you.
Active. Outdoorsy. Practical.
3. How do you keep your creativity alive?
This is quite a challenge for me. You’d think I’d have a lot of pent up creativity from my desk job, but it’s almost the opposite. By the end of the day and week, I’m mentally exhausted, fresh out of ideas and creative drive. I really have to push myself to get into creative mode, but once I’m there, it’s all good. Browsing Pinterest and reading through some of my favorite craft and foodie blogs gets my creative juices flowing!
4. Who is your favorite band/artist?
Country music is always my fallback and anything with folk notes I tend to like, but recently I’ve been getting back into some rock and pop. I don’t really have one favorite, so here are some of my current favorites off the top of my head (I’m sure there are many more): Whiskey Myers, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, Sara Bareilles, Lorde, Kacey Musgraves, Phillip Phillips.
5. When did you realize what you wanted to do with your life? Is it still evolving?
Uh, I haven’t…still working on that one. I’m sure it will be a work in progress as long as I live.
6. Who is your hero?
7. Vanilla or Chocolate?
Depends on my mood.
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Wow, another challenging question. I have ideas of where I might want to be, but I try not to “see myself” or plan too much for the future, because even the things I see myself doing a day from now always seem to change and I don’t want to put my life in a box. That being said, one of the big things in life I hope to have experienced 5 years from now is welcoming a kid or two into our family.
9. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
10. Ever met any celebrities? Who would you love to meet?
Never met her, but I respect who she is and would love to meet Taylor Swift. She would probably be a really fun person to hang out with.
11. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who wants to follow in your career path?
Well, if you mean blogging, this is definitely not a career for me, although that would be nice. The only advice I can give is the same advice I’ve gotten from other bloggers: stay true to yourself.
Check out the awesome blogs below that I’m nominating:
Pretty & Fresh
Knick of Time Interiors
Crunchy Thrifty Healthy Cool
If you’ve been nominated, answer the 11 questions below and don’t forget to link back to me so I can find out more about you! Then take some time to nominate 11 of your favorite new/emerging blogs by leaving a comment on their blog asking them to answer a set of questions you come up with.
1. Why do you blog?
2. What’s your favorite past time?
3. Do you have any pets? If so, tell me a little about them!
4. If you had the option of going to the desert, ocean, or mountains, which would you choose hands down and what time of year?
5. Is blogging your full time gig? If not, what is?
6. Sweet or savory?
7. Where did you grow up?
8. What is or would be number one on your bucket list?
9. What kind of music do you normally listen to?
10. Bright colors or neutral tones?
11. Tell us one thing about yourself your readers don’t already know.
Congrats! I’m looking forward to getting to know each of you a little better. Keep up all the hard work!